Juno has done all the qualifying miles, most of the crew have attended the ISAF Sea Survival Course, at least three of the crew have first aid certificates and two are doctors, the bottom has been cleaned (boat that is), rudder stock has been checked. This weekend will be maintenance weekend where all the winches, steering etc will be serviced. Charts and tidal atlases have been purchased. I have spent almost every evening of the last 3 weeks checking weather forecast times, making list of waypoints, headlands, lights, marking up tidal atlases etc.
I am also trying to raise money for Diabetes UK.
- There are 2.5million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK.
- There is an estimated 500,000 people in the Uk who have diabetes but do not know it.
- every three minutes someone, somewhere in the UK will learn that they have diabetes.
- We need to encourage people to reduce their risk of developing diabetes by eating healthily, maintaining a healthy weightand leading an active lifestyle.
- Diabetes is serious. If left untreated it can lead to heart disease, stroke, amputation and other life threatening complications.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in people of working age.
- The cost of diabetes to the NHS is £9 billion annually.
Diabetes UK is a charity that is one of the largest funders of diabetes research in the UK, spending around £8 million a year on developing better treatment and finding a cure. Please help me to raise money by visiting my website www.justgiving.com/Graham-broadway to make a donation