- The basics, Lat /Long, great circles. Departure, Marine slide rule.
- Celestial Sphere, Geographical Position, Zenith, Declination (ecliptic), Zenith Distance. Time and Longitude. Greenwich Hour Angle, Local Hour Angle.
- The theory of a meridian noon sun sight. DR Estimate,
- Introducing The Nautical Almanac. Work some examples.
- The Sextant (errors), Hands on practice. The Marine Chronometer (errors).
- The Meridian Lat sight worked. Use the Almanac. Increments and Corrections. Equation of Time. Proforma.
- Sun intercepts, GOAT, Sun/ Run / Sun. Plotting Charts. Introducing Aero Sight Reduction Tables.
- Work examples with Proforma. Plot position.
- The stars, First point of Aries, SHA, Star epoch table. P&N.
- Work through examples. Plot intercepts.
Not a member? Why not give it a go? Receive one month of free membership by completing one of our short courses!
There are no events scheduled for this course