UK Corinthians Cruise August 2021
LSC / Corinthians Cruise 2021
Once every four years members of the Corinthians come from the USA to take part in a joint sailing event with the Little Ship Club. The 2020 cruise was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Whilst the impact of the pandemic is lessening in the UK, there are still some uncertainties and coupled changes in travel regulations due to Brexit, the cruise will now be an "all-England" cruise.
As the cruise ends on the English August Bank Holiday weekend there will be the opportunity for an informal extension to the cruise or a more leisurely return to home ports.
The cruise will be on the East Coast of England in and around the Thames Estuary, visiting harbours and places of interest in Kent and Essex. The outline itinerary is shown below; more details will be added in due course. Because of tidal constraints there will be some early departures but this will leave more time for socialising and other events later in the day.
Saturday, 21st August 2021
- Assemble at Wolvestone on the River Orwell
- Moorings at Royal Harwich Yacht Club and Wolverston Marina
- Welcome Reception at the Royal Harwich Yacht Club
Sunday, 22nd August
- Early departure (05:00). 30 nm sail to West Mersea
- Moorings on bouys
- Shore side options include: the West Mersea Yacht Club and local pubs
Monday, 23rd August
- Prompt departure (07:00). 24 nm sail to Burnham on Crouch
- Moorings at Burnham Yacht Harbour.
- Shore side options include: The Royal Corinthian and Royal Burnham Yacht Clubs and local pubs.
Tuesday, 24th August
- Prompt departure (07:00). 45 nm sail to Chatham
- Moorings in Chatham Marina
- Shore side options include the Medway Yacht Club and local pubs
Wednesday, 25th August
- Lay day in Chatham
- Visits available to the historic Chatham Dockyard and the Royal Engineers Museum.
Thursday, 26th August
- Leisurely departure (08:30). Short, 10 nm sail to Queenborough.
- Moorings Queenbourough Harbour
- Shore side options include Queenborough Yacht Club and a good range of pubs
Friday, 27th August
- Early departure (06:00). 34nm sail to Ramsgate.
- Moorings in the Royal Harbour marina.
- Numerous shoreside options including the Royal Temple Yacht Club
Saturday, 28th August.
- In Ramsgate.
- Day trip, by coach to Dover Castle.
- Evening: End of Cruise dinner in the Royal Temple Yacht Club.
Sunday, 29th August
Departure to home ports.
Joining landside events
If you can't make the entire Corinthians Cruise there will be the opportunity to "drive along" to some events such as cruise dinners and visits to places of interest. More details will follow.
Expression of Interest
At this stage, if you would like to join the cruise either as a skipper or crew, please email Paul Banks.
Organiser: Paul Banks
Date and time
Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:00