The course introduces elements of practical seamanship and a little useful theory, as well as rope handling which is designed to relate strictly to the requirements of modern cruisers – no unnecessary nonsense.
Home page ***DO NOT DELETE**
We are delighted the Club will be used for special Christmas functions throughout December. Please note that on the following dates, the Restaurant and the Bar will be in the Library to accommodate these functions.
Latest from around the site
The RYA Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Shorebased course extends the techniques learned on the Dayskipper course. Some aspects of navigation are studied in more detail and additional seamanship subjects are introduced.
Food and drink
Please note the Restaurant is to be used for functions on December 1, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 20, so lunch will be served in the Library on those days.
Our dining room is open to our members and all members of the City Livery Club, RYA Gold members, Royal Navy and Merchant Navy members, and any members of RYA affiliated sailing clubs for personal dining only.
Breakfast: 8.30am to 10.30am.
Lunch: 12 noon until 2.15pm. A choice of bar snacks, the Club lunch or our A la carte menu.
Afternoon tea: 3pm until 4.30 (4pm Fri). Please note that we ask for Afternoon Tea to be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Bar: open until 8pm (5pm Fridays). Closed to CLC Members after 5pm on Tuesdays.
Monday: Roast chicken with chipolata sausages and chef's vegetables of the day
Tuesday: Roast loin of Pork with apple sauce and chef's vegetables of the day
Wednesday: Curry of the day
Thursday: Roast gammon, parsley sauce, roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables
Friday: Beer battered haddock, hand-cut chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce
- Soup of the Day £5.00
- Buffalo mozzarella, bruschetta, heritage tomato and pesto £8.95
- London smoked salmon with prawns £9.00
- Crispy sweet chili pork, oriental vegetable noodles, ponzo dressing £7.90
- Roast rump of lamb, rosemary crushed potatoes, seasonal vegetables £22.50
- Corn fed chicken Ballotine, butternut squash risotto, roast vine tomato and parmesan £17.95
- Fillet of red mullet, olive crushed potatoes and ratatouille £18.95
- Vegetarian of the day £11.95
- Cookie cheesecake, chocolate chip mint ice-cream £6.95
- Blueberry Bakewell vanilla ice-cream £6.95
- Selection of British cheeses and biscuits £7.95
- Coffee & Tea with chocolate £2.95
- (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, White coffee, Americano and a selection of infusions and tea)
Our menu dishes are prepared in environments that are not totally free from Allergen ingredients. Should you have concerns about the ingredients in our dishes; please do not hesitate to ask a member of our catering team who will happily assist you.
The restaurant is open from 12.30 to 15.30 with last orders at 14.15
All prices include VAT
Honorary Port Officers
Our Honorary Port Officers are scattered across the globe. Each one knows how to get the best out of any port you visit. Navigational approaches, berths, where to go, what to do, what to eat and how to make the best of your visit.
This presents as soft-back book of 5 by 7 inches and with its eye-catching cover of Philip Walwyn’s beautiful gaff cutter ‘Katie’ under full sail, is a book that just begs to be picked up for a quick read.
An interesting memoir
An iconic work: expensive but worth it.
A tantalising and reflective cruising guide